Public Poetry has organized a round trip ride on a luxury coach for Saturday, April 22, the main day at the Round Top Poetry Festival, that includes a full day of readings and panels. On the way to the Festival, Houston Poet Laureate, Robin Davidson, will do a workshop for us. The coach will leave Houston at 11:30 AM and be back in Houston at 11 PM. Here’s what’s included for $155 total (Discounted to $130 for educators, students & Public Poetry Members):
- Saturday-Only Festival Registration ($75 value if purchased individually)
- Travel to and from Poetry at Round Top
- Our exclusive Rolling Poetry workshop
- Box lunch catered by Chef Joe Apa
- Guided tour of the renowned Festival Hill grounds and gardens
- A craft talk by poet and Cave Canem co-founder Cornelius Eady
- Readings by Vijay Seshadri, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, Sheila Fiona Black, Wendy Barker, and Cornelius Eady
- An Open Mic on the stunning Concert Hall stage
- Pop-up Festival bookstore with featured author signings
- Inclusion in festival anthology (submission deadline TBA)
- Dinner at a Restaurant in Round Top
- 8 PM Evening Program & music
NOTE: Transportation, Festival events and restaurant are all completely wheelchair accessible.
The Austin Chronicle calls this Festival a “Paradise for poets!” For 15 years, Poetry at Round Top has been a friendly gathering place to hear some of the country’s very best poets in a gem of a location. Readings take place in a Hall that a masterpiece of old-world craftsmanship; the grounds contain stone tower follies with gargoyles, statuary and mythic heads; as well as a gardeners paradise of streams and ponds, specialized gardens and rare plants.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 1**
**any seats available after April 1 go up by $20
All Public Poetry Members, Students, and Educators, receive a discounted rate below
This is the itinerary when we get to the Festival:
2:00p On Craft: Cornelius Eady
3:00p Featured Readings by Lisa Olstein, Wendy Barker
4:30p Open Mic OR
Optional Workshops or Manuscript Consultations*
* NOTE: the Optional Workshops or Manuscript Consultations immediately below are NOT included in the Public Poetry Package. Register for workshops and consultations online on the Festival Hill website at http://festivalhill.org/calendar/details.php?id=2177. Your required festival registration fee is paid when you register for the Bus Program.
Optional Workshops: (separate fee-see immediatelyabove)
“Poetry & Photography: Writing the Poem We Can Almost See,” Octavio Quintanilla
“Description/Departure or The Brain is a Simile-making Machine,” with Lisa Olstein
Optional 30-minute Private Manuscript Consultations: Sasha West OR Octavio Quintanilla aaaaaOR J. Scott Brownlee
6:00p Dinner in Round Top
8:00p Featured Readings with Vijay Seshadri and Cornelius Eady plus Special Music Presentation, by John Mills
For complete information, including poet bios, Festival history and more, please see www.poetryatroundtop.org.
The Rolling Poetry Workshop is organized by Public Poetry in collaboration with WriteSpace, WITS and Inprint. Many thanks to the Festival Staff, Jesse Bertron, Sam Bertron, Jack Brannon, Katherine Durham Oldmixon, Vickie Hillman, Becky Robinson as well as Rebecca Oxley, Holly Walrath, Elizabeth White-Olsen